using the Bone type's "Hidden" property

Dec 3, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Hey Jesse, I'm back!  Muahaha! 

I know you haven't much time to look at demina lately, but since you're still responding here, I thought I'd ask:  is the Hidden property on bones an option that was meant to be added to the editor, but never was?  I see that you added it into the draw call in Animation Player, but as far as I can tell there's no way to actually make a bone hidden, aside from editing the .anim files by hand.  Which is actually what I've been doing for the past couple days.  Anyway, I'm thinking about adding this functionality into the editor, to make my workflow feel a bit less hackish.  Unless you have any objections -- maybe I'm misinterpreting the intended function of the Bone's Hidden property.  (I'm using it to hide a bone for some of the keyframes in an animation, but make it appear in other keyframes.)

Progress on my game is actually going really well, despite my lack of update posts.  I decided not to show anything until I've got a somewhat representative playable demo, which looks like it might be done by the end of the month.

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2011 at 2:11 PM

I don't know how that never made it into the Bone menu. Oops! (It should also be copied when you copy bone info.)

Anyway, until I fix that, you can use the poorly documented keyboard hotkeys:

H: Hide selected bone
F: Select previous bone (in heirarchy)
G: Select next bone
R: Change bone texture index (-1)
T: Change bone texture index (+1)
A: Previous frame
D: Next frame

Dec 3, 2011 at 10:42 PM
Edited Dec 3, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Hey Jesse, it does indeed copy the hidden value when you control-C and then control-V within the editor.  Not sure about the "copy bone information to all keyframes" menu option.  So what I've been doing is hand-editing the xml once and then copying the keyframes with hidden bones to where I want them.  But wow, that hotkey is great to have!  I knew about A and D, but those others will really come in handy, too.  Thanks for the reply.