Attach sprite/object to bone.

Oct 31, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Hi, i trying to attach an object to an specific demina bone, im using GetBoneTransformation() method but its not completly aligned.

Have anyone done this before ? 

Jun 2, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Bit late here - but I could also use a little help with this!

I'm making a top down game. I developed the skeleton in demina and I then intend to draw the various body parts over the top of it in a logical order (i.e, i draw the feet first, then the legs and make the way up etc.). Getting the transformation of a bone then calling spritebatch to draw a texture at the players position + the bone's position with the players rotation + the bone's rotation makes it appear completely offcenter. Is this an issue when defining the origin?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:01 PM

Sorry to bump again, but I gave this another attempt and still not having much luck. Any suggestions?

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2012 at 5:29 PM

The origin could definitely be the issue. It causes a lot of people problems. Whenever I get around to reworking Demina, that'll be one of the first changes.

Would you be willing to email me an example of what you're using? (Animation, images, and as much code as you're willing to share with me. I'll try to help.) Email: jesse@thirdpartyninjas.com

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Thanks for the response, I sent an email your way

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:32 PM

And in the first email I forgot the assets... sent another!